2012-03-18

Strawberry fields

Let me take you down 'cos I’m going to strawberry fields…
strawberryrama2SMALL
Yeah strawberry picking season is here. At the Harada Strawberry Farm, ¥1200 (R120) gets you 30 minutes, a plastic tray and unlimited condensed milk top-ups. A ¥1200 box of strawberries holds about 36-40 strawberries.

To make it worthwhile, you need to be a fiend.

For me that’s something that comes naturally…

P1270082
You pay your money at a kiosk near the road and they take you to the field in a dinky little van with Monsters’ inc. plushies and a friendly but slightly crazy old lady in the driver’s seat.
P1270078P1270104
you then set about fiending as many strawberries as you possibly can in 30 minutes. I lost count at about 25 and that was in about 15 minutes so I definately got my money’s worth. Try find me any South African who wouldn’t do the same.
 P1270081

Especially when they were so big and juicy!

P1270084
There were many rows with 4 different breeds of strawberry. I liked the ones furthest from the entrance(I think they were Yayoihime which are are a Gunma Original) The way I saw it was the bees were hanging around that breed’s flowers more than the other’s so they must like the pollen better. I daresay, the strawberries themselves were a cut above the others. The many bees and distance from the entrance also meant there were more prime berries and lest competition to eat them.
P1270102
I filled myself up with as many strawberries as I could possibly fit in me and I suggest if you have the time, you do the same… and soon, lest I go back and fiend more!

View Larger Map

No comments: