2011-06-13

Tokyo–Kappabashi

 

On her last weekend here, I took the mother to Tokyo to see the big city. She had had some art type project involving balconies and she found teacup balconies on the interwebs and decided that she needed to see them in person. After some googling and gmapping, I eventually found them in a lesser known town in Tokyo… Kappabashi.


View Larger Map

Kappabashi is near Asakusa and Ueno in Tokyo and it is famous for kitchenware. All along the main strip there are countless shops selling everything from simple handcarved chosticks to industrial sized rice cookers.

 P1160796P1160799

I picked up two pairs of great chopsticks and made note of a few stores with some good ceramics. I will be going back there next time I need to get presents for people.

P1160806

No comments: