2015-01-31

Shibuya Nightwalk

I have been doing some part-time layout design in Omotesando at the same place The Cat works, and, because I'm poor, on the trip home, I've been walking to Shibuya to save an extra ¥120 on the train trip. I've also been leaving my camera at home a lot more recently because, at the Tokyo Autosalon, my main 12-35 f2.8 X lens' autofocus system died a spectacular death (I cant afford to get it fixed either... hell. I can't even afford to take the train to Akihabara to get a quote form the Panny repair centre, let alone pay their price.) and if the camera dies too, as my bad-luck, QC-skipped one has a history of doing, I'll be proper screwed financially.

But because it was snowing on Friday, i popped on the 20mm f1.7 pancake and put it in my bag, just in case. The snow was all gone by the time I was done for the day, but I did have the chance to actually take pictures for fun, which I haven't really done in a very long time.

All shots are untouched apart from the odd crop/straighten and the removal of the Aston's Number-plate. Most were shot with the camera's built in vivid colour mode in aperture priority (cars were Auto)

It felt really good. so good that I'm contemplating abusing the credit card to get a second body so that I have a backup, and a daily shooter again. I probably wont unless it actually dies again... at which point I will sell all my Panny kit and go sony because I'm really sick and tired of Panasonic's overly polite, but effectively useless after-sales service, and their woeful lack of pro support.

Anyway... Pictures:












If you want to see these at double the resolution, check my FLICKR profile.

No comments: